Egg Free Rolo Cake Mix Bars

Rolo Cookie Bars

We recently had a new baby, and we have such generous neighbors that we had a bunch of meals brought into the house.

It seemed that with every meal brought was a dessert–which is a big deal in our house.  It’s not that I don’t like dessert (because I really do!), it’s just that my kids have egg allergies, and a lot of the desserts just aren’t the same or don’t work out using an egg substitute.  So, I’ve pretty much kept desserts out of the house except on special occasions.   But now each night my kids are asking what’s for dessert, what’s for dessert?

The other day, on Pinterest, I found a simple dessert called Rolo Cake Mix Bars from A Taste of Home that did not require eggs!  I was so excited I had to try it!

This Rolo Cake Mix Bars recipe is really simple!  All you needed was a yellow cake mix, evaporated milk, butter and rolo’s.

Then you mix the cake mix, milk, and melted butter

Divide it in half.  In a 9×13 greased pan smooth out half the cake mixture and bake it for about 8 minutes

Then you add the Rolo’s (cut in half) with the caramel side down

Drop the remaining dough by teaspoons onto the rolo’s

Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown

Rolo Cake Mix Bars Recipe

Egg Free Rolo Cake Mix Bars
Save RecipeSave Recipe

Ingredients

• 1 box (18.25 oz) yellow, vanilla or white cake mix, dry. Note: I've also made this with gluten-free cake mix and it was great!
  • 5 oz evaporated milk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 40 Rolo Candies, unwrapped and cut in half

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 350°
  • Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
  • With your mixer, beat cake mix, evaporated milk and butter until combined. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
  • Divide batter in half and press 1 half into the bottom of the pan.
  • Bake until just set, approximately 8-9 minutes.
  • Remove base from oven and place Rolo candies, caramel-side down on top.
  • Drop remaining batter on top of Rolos in teaspoon sized amounts.
  • Bake for 20-24 minutes longer until top begins to golden.
  • Cool completely before cutting into squares.
7.6.4

rolo cake mix bars

These Rolo Cake Mix Bars are seriously so yummy!  The pan was gone in a day at our house.  My kids kept calling them cookies, and they just wanted more and more of them.

Signature

About Amy @ Oh So Savvy Mom

My name is Amy. I'm a mom to three, wife to one, and a sister and aunt to many. I'm an Air Force wife currently living in Bossier City, Louisiana. Oh So Savvy Mom began as a way for me to share parenting and product advice with others. I have a lot share, but I'm no loud mouth. My blog is my way to be heard. Come join me at Oh So Savvy Mom, learn about new products, pick up some parenting tips and tricks, and have a good time.

Comments

1. Thanks for sharing- This looks too good not to try!
  2. omg....YUMMO!!! thanks for the awesome recipe! we will have to try. annae07 at aol dot com
  3. This looks so good! Thanks!
  4. That look sooo good! I LOVE Rolos!
  5. This looks so good! I'm assuming you know that you can use flaxseed meal as an egg replacement in any recipe for cakes that you have....if you want the exact amount, then please feel free to email me :) I'm drooling for this one (I love Rolo!)
  6. Rollos are one of my all time favorite candies! I think I would NOT share this with my children :)
  7. that looks....like it would ruin my diet, temptress!!! get thee away! LOL
  8. christina moore says:
    sounds great
  9. i'm making a cake today and wish I had rolos....yum
  10. Great combination of flavors. Our favorite egg-free dessert is krispie treats. Pinterest has helped me (maybe too much) find other variations on those too.
  11. Those look so good. THanks for sharing with us!
  12. Looks delicious. I will include this in my list. Raquel
  13. Good idea for family picnic.
  14. oh wow they look delicious,will definitley be making these tonight, thanks for sharing!
  15. that is sooo cool!!! trying this weekend!!!
  16. Oh man, this looks DELISH! I LOVE Rolos! Have you tried baking with applesauce in lieu of eggs? It works really well, so it's one way you can adapt recipes that have eggs in them.
  17. Amy Orvin says:
    Thanks for the recipe. These look so yummy!! [email protected]
  18. YUMM!! I am making these RIGHT NOW! But, how'd you fit 1/2 into a 9x13 pan?! I got it 3/4 of the way, but oh well. I am sure they'll be great!
    • The bottom layer is pretty thin but it raises as it cooks so I thought it covered the bottom just fine. You could also bake it in a smaller pan or use more on the bottom and leave less to drop on top.
  19. Thanks for recipe! yumm... I like your blog and I' follow you for FB, TW, GFC, Pinterest, Google Plus+! I hope your visit! HAPPY SUNDAY! http://mamiholisticaygenial.blogspot.com/
  20. Linda Meyers-Gabbard says:
    I am always looking for new and different desserts. When I came across this recipe all I could think was yum yum yummy. I have got to try this. I love cake and I love Rolo's. The directions are so simple. I can hardly wait to try it. My only concern is the no eggs. Eggs are usually used to bind and hold a cake together. I am guessing the Carmel in the Rolo's will do that. We shall see.
  21. This sounds new and different.
  22. Thanks so much for the great recipe. I love rolo's and I bet this makes it good!
  23. I saw egg-free and got really excited because I have a vegan friend and I want to find desserts that work for her. This sounds like a really yummy recipe so I'll have to try it for my family and then find substitutes for everything else so she can have it too. Yum! Thanks for posting.
  24. OMG that looks so good...and easy. Never tried rolos before though, kinda scared.
  25. Jackie Griebel says:
    Looks yummy! My husband loves Rolo's so I think I'll give this a try!
  26. Looks good and easy to make! Saving!!
  27. Tracy Awalt Juliano says:
    Oh my goodness, you had me at Rolo! I must try this. I must try this right away. I predict a weight gain this weekend, and I don't even care...
  28. I need to try this recipie
  29. Sandy VanHoey says:
    Oh My gosh...thanks for this recipe and that looks incredibly good. I'd like to pin it also...Yummm!
  30. Diana Camden says:
    I remember having Rolos when I worked p/t at a hardware store as a kid. What a great way to improvise and include two things I love, candy and cake! Yum. Diana C
  31. OMG, my husband is going to die when he see's this. He is such a rolo fan lol. Thanks for sharing. New follower from blog hop
  32. Ummm...YUM! making these next weekend! xoxo
  33. I made rolo cookies and they were delish...I'll have to try this xo
  34. Helen May says:
    That looks really good! Funny to see a receipe with rolos!
  35. June S. says:
    I am going to have to make these Rollo Cake Bars for our family, they look so good!
  36. Cindy Perez says:
    Looks good. :)
  37. I saw these bars scrolling across the top of your home page and knew immediately that I had to try them! The recipe looks amazingly simple considering the result, and I'm all for that! Thanks for sharing the recipe, which is now on my try-this list.
  38. Nicole Dz says:
    Wow what a great treat for a sweet tooth. I love Rolo's too and I haven't had them in quite some time. Easy to make too! Awesome!
  39. shelly peterson says:
    What a yummy looking dessert and I like that it's so easy to make.
  40. These look so delicious and a perfect treat for my nephews.
  41. That is simple and yummy. Thanks for the recipe.
  42. wow these would be gone the second i made them in my house! Seriously going to have to try these out! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
  43. This sounds so good! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
  44. Dana Rodriguez says:
    Oh wow! These sound delicious!
  45. Erin Ellis says:
    These sure look yummy! Thanks for posting!