I LOVE soups in the Fall. It is starting to get a bit chilly outside, and when dinner comes around you need something that will warm you from the inside out.
I’m a big fan of tomato soup and I’ve been searching for a while for a creamy tomato basil soup recipe that really hits the spot. And, I think I’ve found it!
This month for our Pinerest Remakes hop I thought it would be fun to do a copycat recipe of a copycat recipe. 🙂
I used this Copycat Panera Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe. I do, however, have a confession to make. I’ve never actually had the Panera Creamy Tomato Basil Soup, so I can’t vouch for how accurate it is. What I can vouch for is that my remake of it will knock the socks off anyone who eats it!
There are a few key differences in my Garden Fresh, Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe. I used garden fresh (meaning fresh from our own garden), organic tomatoes and basil, *and* I added garden fresh carrots. I also cut the amount of cream by just a bit to be easier on my family’s tummies.
*There is a bit of fat in this recipe. If this is a concern for you simply enjoy this soup in moderation, and know that all the fats I’ve included are good-for-you fats.
I’ve included the ounce amounts of the tomatoes so you can substitute canned tomatoes if you want or need to. Also, this recipe serves 8. If you don’t have 8 people to eat it, I’d recommend making the recipe as it is written and freezing half for another night.
And, you will want it again later. My mother-in-law just kept going on about how wonderful this creamy tomato basil soup recipe was! We all couldn’t wait to eat the leftovers for lunch the next day–my 5 year old and 2 year old were both mad that the grown-ups ate all the left overs. 🙂
Feel free to print out the recipe or share it with others!
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
If you’re looking for other great soup recipes for fall make sure you check out my:
For more Pinterest Remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Fall centerpiece in less than 5 minutes by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Candy corn wreath by Upstate Ramblings
- Spaghetti squash pizza boats by Homemaking Hacks
- Apple pecan stuffing recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Pumpkin scones by Jennifer Sikora
- Pumpkin seed granola by Better in Bulk
- Pumpkin cream cheese muffins by Mom Does it All
- French onion soup by OurFamilyWorld
- Mummy Halloween pumpkin centerpiece by Simply Southern Mom
- Coffee rub burgers by Roasted Beanz
- Rustic twig star wreath by Sweet Lil You
- Buffalo chicken deviled eggs by Home and Garden Cafe
- Pumpkin marshmallow M&M blondies by Simply Mindy
- Honey lavender cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- Mini chocolate apple pops by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Spaghetti and meatball muffins by Mom Always Finds Out